Tuesday, June 28, 2011

There it is!




Since I have a request for writing a review about the show last week! Well, I should!
Yes! That's my ticket! I was so exciting!
Before the show I was humming some songs from the act! Making sure I know every single note!



The live orchestra played the prelude while the red curtain was still closed; even though the music came out from the speakers sounds a little like playing from the CD, not very "live", but it sounded lovely!
An occupation of 85% audience , there are at least 70% of them wear formally to the show. Most of them were well dressed! Like going for a formal dinner, of course, N was surprised about that. I had seen few musicals, this time was the most upper class show!

The song "The Sound of Music" played and Maria sang for the opening appearance, her voice sounds like Julie Andrews! Fantastic voice! The second greatest voice is "The Reverend Mother" aka "Mother Abbess", she could hit the highest tone in the song "Climb Every Mountain"! She is good in giving everyone goosebumps though!

If you are familiar with the story then you would know there will be seven kids in the act; Liesl, Friedich, Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta and Gretl. These kids can really sing and dance, how adorable!

-My Favorite Thing
-Do-Re-Mi
-The Lonely Goatherd
-Edelweiss
-So Long. Farewell
-Sixteen going on Seventeen
-The Sound of Music

Also, the Captain Georg von Trapp, the father of the seven children, sings well too. In fact, in musical, they actually have two more songs which the movie doesn't have. I think, The Sound Of Music Broadway is mainly selling the voices, there was not much fancy setting in the act. I would prefer Mamma Mia that kind of musical more than this, but, this is still one of my favorite musicals so far!
LOVE IT!

Thanks to Noel for buying me the ticket and enjoyed with me!
Liebe dich!

Auf Wiedersehen!



3 comments:

Joyce said...

Good !! Ask N bila nak belanja saya tengok ??

Vivienne said...

You come la! I belanja you concert!

Mimi said...

Good!!!