Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Half-day Penang!!

25th July 2011, dawn.
Biting a muffin while rushing out the apartment,
pick up the headset and backpack,
get ready to fly at 7:45am in a Monday morning.
On the other hand, I invited my eldest sis for this joy ride! Although I'm not the pilot-in-command, but I'm happy enough that I could bring sis along for a flight like this to Penang!
I get to fly on the TB-20 again as a co-pilot, this time, we are going to Penang again!! In fact, it's just a half-day trip, me and eldest sis do not really plan for many things to do.

Landed on the island as per flight plan with no delay, met sis J, and started with the still-warm yam cake from mum!
After some discussion, we head to one of the famous Hokkien Mee which is situated at Perak Road! Very little portion of noodles, the best is the soup! OMG! I couldn't remember when was the last time I have Hokkien Mee. It tastes great! The smell of the prawn paste soup! Oh dear! I want that for my breakfast everyday!

That was our brunch, yet is still early, but we are craving for Penang famous Cendol already! Due to the difficulty of finding a car park at that area, J decided to drop us and wait until we finish the dessert. Me and M jump out the car and walk towards the stall, order one cendol; spoon by spoon, we finish it in 3 minutes!

80% fully stock in our stomach, now it's time for a cup of coffee in Logan Heritage. Arrive in this coffee house called LightHouse Coffee. As usual, I'm caffein-intolerant, instead of more uncomfortable feeling during my return flight later, I take the Mango yogurt smoothies. It's refreshing and cooling! Chit-chat for more than an hour, love the heritage building built with ancient bricks.

I do miss laksa a lot too! Heard from "someone" that there's a stall near Penang Jetty which is pretty good. So we head to that direction, in the same kopidiam, besides selling laksa there is also Apom, Ais Kacang and Char Kuey Tiao. The laksa is disappointing, not that great. However, it tastes HOME! Surprisingly, the Ais kacang is gooooood!

Next, we do need a small walk in a mall. Arrive in 1st Avenue, I have not been there since it opened so I guess why not?! Not much shops and there are about roughly 65% occupancy, we take a quick glance around the mall and "digest" the food a little...

Last on our list! Char Kuey Tiao! Heard that's a famous CKT near Anson Road, along Anson Road situated at the Lebuh Siam. A kopitiam with no stall, the CKT stall is actually at the road side. Order from there and a guy will bring it to you in the kopidiam across the road. Interesting right?! Three plates of hot Char Kuey Tiao are delivered to our table. Hmmm....smell and look great! Another OMG! The CKT tastes delicious!! Superb!!!
I will definitely go again next time when I'm in Penang!

4pm, my captain called and it's time to head back to Subang.
Flying 7000ft above mean sea level, the weather is good, as well as our mood and satisfied stomach! Love this kind of trip! Not rush, also tasted lots of good food!
We should do that again Mr.Lim, and thanks for letting me to be your co-pilot!
Penang is always nice! We sisters had a great time together!
See you again!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Yeah!!! Thanks to Mr Lim, and you for letting me "tumpang" .. love it so much...

Joyce said...

Will look more Good Food for the next trip !!