Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Roooaaaarrrrr.........!!!


I was planning to go for The Lion King Musical loooooong time ago...

Louis said :" Dunno le...others seem very hard to decide.."

Yoke said :" I do not have passport le...."

Boon said :" busy le.... I need to work..."

Vivienne said :" Screw you guys.....  =.= "


Frankly, watching a family show like this, it needs to be watched with full of friends and family; share the excitement with them and laugh together!
Eventually, six of us went for the show, me, Noel, Ned, Q.Ping, Jeff and Shereen. We bought the ticket only one day before the show, so it was the last row of Stall which is the main level. I did not want to sit on the Dress Circle, I insisted, even though it was the last row! 
You would understand why if you have watched the show. Well, I just want they all to "experience" it, like "in front of you"!

In fact, that was my second time to the show! My first time was in Lyceum Theater London 2004! My sis Mimi brought me to the show which was her 4th time, I had no idea how human could act as animals and how they could bring the whole Lion King story to the Stage?! Of course, during my first time, I was blown away during the opening show, my jaw dropped and brought it up after two and a half hours!
The same thing happened to Noel, I knew and remembered the opening, so I had prepared to see his expression! As I expected, he shouted :" Oh My God! (mouth/eyes opened widely) ". I was sitting beside giggling as soon as he reacted! 

He claimed that the opening was the best of the whole musical, the jokes and dialogues are great too! Also, he loves the role-Rafiki, Gugwana Dlamni plays a fantastic role as Rafiki, she could sing really well and the voice is powerful! 
Overall, that's a great stage settings and costumes design, the three hyenas' movements were so real, Timon and Pumbaa were so funny, the voices are very similar from the movie back in 1994.

There are so many things to write about, but I would not like to write it here because I don't want to tell those who has not watched the show yet. You all go and find out yourself!



The Lion King Musical is live in MBS Singapore everyday except Monday!





No comments: