Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The First Attempt!

My friend, L, who is studying LLB (Bachelor of Law) just got his first year result last night. He passed all 4 subjects in one attempt which is his first attempt, and he got 3 Bs among four which is pretty awesome!

Few days back, he received a call from his classmate telling him that the result is released and published on the university website; after he hung up the phone he started to get panic! All he wanted to do was go back home, get himself on the net and check his result. Apparently most of the Law students would be checking for their scores as well, so it leads to "JAM" on the web page. In fact, it was like that for the past two days! Until last night, he finally got into the web page and got his result!

All of these reminded me when I was getting my CA6 result almost two years ago. My ex-roommate, S, and I were not aware that the result actually came out that day, so we didn't prepare for the result to come. Suddenly, my batch mate, A, knocked on our door rapidly; after I opened the door, I saw he was holding a thumb-drive and said:" The result is out! I have a copy here. Quick! check your result now!"

I took the thumb-drive from his hand and ran to my laptop, plugged in the drive and double-clicked the file called "CA6 results". I started getting goosebumps all over my hands to my arms! A picture came out after the clicks, as they captured the result by using phone's camera, and we saw our batch mates' names. Scrolling down the list vertically, and I found my name! Started reading horizontally from my name, subject by subject................I PASSED ALL! So did S! We shouted out loud and hugged each other!! Ran out of the room and jumped up and down!

Tears of joy started to slip down through our cheeks, we were extremely happy that we made it in the first attempt. Which in the future will make our resume looks better! All six subjects are marked in UK and the passing mark is 75%! We always felt the stress for this exam because it costs a lot and we could not afford to fail, and failing isn't making the career better. So, I was thankful that I have all the blessing from friends and family before and after the exam! That was one of the unforgettable moments in my life, it was..........amazing!

Anyway, well done to my friend! And keep up with the good work, you deserve that!
Congratulation, Mr.L!
Work hard people! Your hard work will be paid one day! =D

No comments: