Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Something called Rhinitis...

Did you realize that I had been M.I.A. in the two weeks of October? What? What's M.I.A.? Oh ya, M.I.A. is Missing In Action! One of my friends taught me that! It's kinda of funny huh! =D

Let's go back to the point, I had been sick for two weeks straight after I came back from 5000ft Genting Highland. The RNA virus never left, and It got worse after the concert! Gosh! I'd been producing tons of fresh Wonton everyday with nasal mucus! Every time I sneeze, I could feel my nose dropping from my face to the floor!

After a week of sneezing, one night at 4am, I felt a sudden headache and I couldn't sleep since then. I kept rolling left and right on my bed, head banging on the wall to reduce the pain. Besides, I felt the pain on my face as well; I tried all the possibilities to reduce the harsh feeling, but it didn't work. Few hours passed by, I stood up and changed, told my mum what happened and she fetched me to the clinic early in the morning.

Sitting on the right of the doctor, he examined, and said I might have something called Rhinitis. It's an inflammation of some internal areas of nose! What?! Inflammation?! The doctor explained more, he described in a non-medical way, which the virus went into the nose's internal areas and couldn't get out from that; due to a long term influenza! Here's a picture to understand more.

I admitted that I had flu for a week and it didn't get any better. To recover from Rhinitis, he gave me a "stronger" Antibiotics and flu medicine. Also, he mentioned that I needed more than a few days to recover! After the consultation, I went back home and take the pills; I was knocked out the next 15 minutes! Finally, I could sleep well without any distraction of my flu!

I felt heavenly happy after I woke up from the nap, no more headache and running noses! However, the face was still pained a little and was feeling extremely dizzy because of those strong drugs too! Anyway, it took me almost one week for recovery, so it made me seriously sick in total of two weeks!

Now, I'm perfectly healthy, going to fitness centre most of the days and loving my life! I have learnt about what is Rhinitis and how to prevent it to happen. Well, just keep healthy and stay strong; exercise more and take more vegetables and fruits! Prevention is always better than Cure! Good health, good life people!! =)

No comments: