Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Caffeine is definitely my enemy!

Few hours ago, I came to work, thinking of buying myself a good breakfast. Down to the stairs, there's a Subway and they have this breakfast meal costs rm6.30 together with a free Nescafe. I had McDonald's coffee before, and I did not feel any funny feeling after taking it. So, I thought... "I will be fine taking a Nescafe too!". I ordered a chicken slice egg sandwich, and went back to the office happily unwrapping my healthy breakfast.

Slowly took the coffee sip by sip, it tasted good, I couldn't remember when was the last time I took Nescafe. However, I finished the whole cup and continued to do my work. As usual, picking up calls, flight scheduling, recording the tech-log, etc. An hour and a half past by, I started feeling something is compressing on my chest, also having a rapid breath and heart beat! Getting annoyed by my own behavior! Then I started to think..... "Oh dear! It's the caffeine!".

"No way this is happening now!!". Yes it was! My hands were cold and shaking, feeling dizzy and nauseous, and extremely uncomfortable! I was wondering is that the same feeling of a heart attack?! I kept drinking water hoping the caffeine could be wash off from my body! Finally it did help to make me feel better now... Phewwww...

I am so upset about this! Do you know how fragrant is a coffee yet I'm actually allergic to caffeine!?!!! Arrrggghh..... Hence, I went to Wikipedia to search for the effects of caffeine, and there I got this: "Caffeine overdose can result in a state of central nervous system over-stimulation called caffeine intoxication or colloquially the "caffeine jitters". The symptoms of caffeine intoxication are not unlike overdoses of other stimulants. It may include restlessness, fidgetiness, nervousness, excitement, euphoria, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation." It says, "caffeine OVERDOSE", I didn't overuse this! It was just one cup!!!!


No comments: