Monday, May 2, 2011

Old town Ipoh

It's Friday and I was heading back home from KL with N! Passing by Ipoh during noon, N said :"Let's go for a toast with half boiled egg!". I was thinking, it's just a toast... What so special?!

We arrived at the old town area Ipoh thanks to GPS, at this very old Kopitiam, I sat down and started taking pictures here and there, I just can't resist not to take down these ancient bricks!


One set of toast please. I didn't expect the egg would be placed on top of the toast?! Oh, this looks so nice! Add some pepper and soy sauce...... We do not need 5 minutes to finish this whole plate! The egg was cooked just nice, very smooth! However, I would prefer if there's no butter spread on the toast, because it makes the toast more salty after adding the soy sauce; on the other hand, you can't ignore adding soy sauce, that's what makes the whole thing nice! This one goes very well with the local coffee! Trust me! Even I don't drink coffee though...!

As I said it was noon, how could a toast make us full?! NO WAY! WE NEED MORE FOOD! Looking at the noodle stall in front, Ipoh should have nice Wan Tan Noodle I think. Ordered one noodle, but the lady said there's no Wan Tan, the side dishes are meat balls, fish balls, and those vege in the Jyong Tofu. Okay... It's very different from the one I know! Anyway, the meat ball looked nice, and I thought it would be put above the noodle, but it came with a bowl of soup with 6 meat balls instead!

Noodle was soft enough, I like that softness of a noodle; the meat balls were juicy and big, besides the soup was just normal for me. N spotted a stall selling roasted pork! Why not....? Right?! =P
Great lunch in a great place! I will be back for the TOAST! Thumbs up!


2 comments:

Joyce said...

Forgot to ask U buy soya beans drink for me. Super nice drink n drive thru stall very canggih punya.

Vivienne said...

really?! ok! no worries...soon we will go again!