Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cheng Beng 2011

First of all, I have to skip all the stories of February and March! However, these two months are the highlight of the year so far! Hmmm.........I would do my best to write, don't worry! =)

2nd of April 2011, Cheng Beng, it's time to visit my grandparents in Jawi! "Ah mah, we are here to visit you!". It was drizzling, I had never been to a Cheng Beng during rainy day. Started with a clumsy morning, HT slept over who was supposed to fetch all of us with her MPV, that was funny enough until my mum kept claiming that she was late because she was buying buns for the prayer! Wahahaha... Of course, HT scolded us like mad, saying why we didn't call earlier?!

A day before, I just got a new Canon EOS 600D DSLR, carrying with me together to Cheng Beng, thinking of might capture some nice sunrise shots!


Like I said, it was drizzling... There's no use of the DSLR...=.=
Just like the normal Cheng Beng, cleaning the grave area, cutting weeds, re-paint the wording on the tombstone, prayers... One hand holding the umbrella, one hand doing work; it's never neat doing things under the rain. While struggled a little, we heard the sound of wheels spinning above the mud and stuck in situ. Cars stuck on the way going up or down in a sloppy area is a traditional phenomenon during this day every year!


Stomach was craving for good food after the prayers, dad suggested to go for brunch in the town of Jawi. We had this famous vegetables stuffed cake together with some typical local dishes.


This is a picture where a waiter holding a traditional steaming tray with some dim sum on it.


And finally, the DSLR came in handy for this old town! Love the monochrome effect... It tells how old is this aging building, low roof, rusty doors and tattered floor.
Just like the time passing by, people get old and grow up, come and go... Life is full of adventures... One blink, Grandma had passed away 16 years+ and I miss her... =)

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Ya !!! I miss them too T_T