Thursday, April 21, 2011

Taipei, Taiwan - Ning Xia Night Market

Even though it has been 4 months old, but I still want to post this! Ning Xia night market Taipei!
One of my favorite night market in Taiwan! It's not big, generally selling food, tasty food! There are lots of local food of course, I ate most of the famous dishes like red bean cake, the big and small sausages, pork rice, smelly tofu (I never touch), etc. However, there are two I would like to recommend which are eel noodle and fried yam cake! Woooh!



Okay, first we tried the famous Tainan Eel noodle; it tastes sour, a little sweet as well. The eel is thick, the crunchiness of the onion together with the soft noodle and a little bit of sour gravy, that's just perfect! It was delicious! Trust me!
Salted egg fried yam cake! The best yam cake I have tasted! The longest queue I had queued as well for just a yam cake! Well, the queue was part of the attraction for us to buy it!

Deep fried yam cake, there's not oily at all! From the first bite, very crunchy on the outside and soft inside; it's not very sweet, and it's full of yam smell. I didn't try the salted egg because I'm not a fan of that; the best food I think it should be the original one! And it is! Worth of queuing few minutes more!

No comments: