Saturday, September 11, 2010

Is life being ridiculous?

I was watching this movie last night, telling a story happened in the 60s, there's a family living in a self built shop-house at the end of a street in downtown Hong Kong. This shabby house has very poor foundation, which can be easily blown away by the typhoon. Selling handmade shoes for living, they have to pay for the pricey rented land every month plus paying the expensive education for two sons.

A small business doesn't make big money, instead of eating more rice everyday they are suffering big financial issue. It gets worst after the doctor diagnosed their elder son has blood cancer, parents fight hard to get cures and sell off their valuables to get him medicines. With the unsatisfied technologies at that time, and those immature human behaviors have killed their son in the end. Well, I think this world has more sadder stories.

I have a thought, what if one day I have a terminal disease? Would it be cured? What if there's no tomorrow for me? Then what should I do today? Should I be scared then? I have no idea! What is life actually? What should we do in our life? Work to death? NO! Sometimes, it's just ridiculous when we think of it; relatives or friends passed away in a sudden. Did they enjoy their life before that?

I always forget how blissful am I living in such a nice environment. No poverty, no earthquake, no natural disaster, no domestic violence, no infectious disease, etc. I am totally blessed to be here! I have a superb family, we have fun all the time and love gathering! I will remind myself everyday when I wake up in the morning saying "Thank God I'm here!". I'm enjoying my life, be healthy, less anger and more laughter.
God bless you...

No comments: