Thursday, December 23, 2010

Kaohsiung, Taiwan - Tripod King Hotpot

First time arrived in RCKH, South of Taiwan, it was really cold on the first day as the weather in Kaohsiung is normally above 15 degree Celsius. However, the first day was about 11 degree Celsius. Anyhow, it was a little windy, me n M were grabbing our jackets tighter until we reached the restaurant! The Tripod King Hotpot!

One of the most famous hotpot restaurants in Taiwan, originally based in Taichung and has outlets in every state in Taiwan. B and M had STRONGLY recommended it to me! So I thought we should go for it for our first dinner in Taiwan in that cold weather!

The restaurant is huge and well furnished, can be fitted with 250 customers. They have a rule which every customer could not be occupied for more than one and a half hour, due to the availability of the tables. Everyday, you would see dozens of people queueing outside the restaurant though they have so many seats and tables!

Normally, the hotpot is perfect to serve with white rice and their special made sauce which are unlimited supplies.

So that is the Hotpot!! The famous hotpot I have heard, it finally appeared in front of me! Reddish oil and the "duck blood" floating up one by one together with tofu. Quickly took a sip of the soup...., "Oh Gosh!"!!
The soup is really nice and a little spicy of course, how to explain..., it's thick, a little sour and sweet! It was good!!

We ordered pork slices, vege, tendon and meatballs. Just to look at the pork, my stomach had told me "just bring it in!".
Put a slice of pork into the hotpot, boiled it for few minutes and it was ready to serve! The pork was very juicy after it boiled with the soup, together with the sauce; it was fantastically GOOD!! One slice of pork + one spoon of rice + one sip of soup = I'm in Heaven!
This is recommended! Please try it out when you are in Taiwan, it's one of the signature dish in the country, especially during winter! I'll definitely be back for just to eat the hotpot! It's so worth it! Thanks to M for the dinner! Two thumbs up! =D

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I haven eat dinner yet loh...

Vivienne said...

Why not?! hahahaha
Looks very nice right? I feel hungry everytime I see this too!