Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tainan, Taiwan - High Tea

Almost three hours of walking around NCKU, we were extremely tired and hungry! So what's next? Of course it was FOOD! Got up on the scooter and rode to a students food street nearby, in Taiwan, I couldn't miss the pearl milk tea, we bought this extra big size milk tea with extra pearl! Eric also recommended me a crispy fried chicken, the shop is just a few streets down. I was drinking my tasty milk tea while we were waiting for the chicken to be fried, it needed time to get the best crisp, so I waited for 8 minutes. Eric paid for it and I got this almost 8 inches long fried chicken!

Our next destination was to An Ping Old Castle '安平古堡', a 15 minutes drive from the city, even though the sky is getting darker but he insisted to go because of the famous puddings! On the way to An Ping, I was eating the chicken behind. After I gave it the first bite, I think that was the best fried chicken that I had ever tried!!! The skin was SUPER CRISPY, it tasted sweet, a little spicy, and it was not oily at all! I was eating very slowly, didn't want to finish it so fast, until we reached the pudding shop, yet I still had half way to go! Eric laughed and said "I've never seen anyone eating this for so long!". Then I asked him why it tasted so sweet, he said, they actually have few different tastes of powder for you to put on the chicken, and he requested the best taste which was the plum powder! No wonder!!

When we arrived we saw a bunch of people queueing for puddings! Wow! How hot could these pudding should be? So I stood in line! I bought half a dozen of milk pudding and half a dozen of mango cheese pudding, total of a dozen! It came with a box to maintain it's temperature, so I think I should enjoy it after I went back to Kaohsiung, because we had to go to the night market for dinner!


Out of the sudden, Eric remembered that he had to bring me to buy some Ma Chi too! He recommended me AGAIN, the strawberry ma chi! It is not cheap though for a ma chi, but it looked delicious, the whole big strawberry is stuffed inside the ma chi with red beans! Can you imagine?!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

下次一定會到那試一試。