Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter Solstice

First day of winter in the lunar calender, traditionally, families have to gather around and eat dumpling in the cold weather. This year, woke up in the morning in Taipei, M bought a bowl of dumpling in red bean soup for me, how warm....! Flew back from Taipei to Macau in the afternoon, after we arrived B made us some dumpling with ginger and black sugar. The home made dumpling is always the best!

That reminds me of two years ago, when I was living in the island, I made my own dumpling for the first time. There was no ginger or black sugar, but just flour and white sugar. Since I had the multi-cooker and flour, so I made plenty of dumpling for me and S. It wasn't the best but it tasted "home", I missed home so much. Studying away from home was very new for me in the last few years, first time celebrated this day with non-family members, refreshing yet sad...

No comments: