Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tainan, Taiwan - Motor Ride

M had to go for a concert in Kaohsiung on Saturday evening, so I used this opportunity to visit my high school friend Eric in Tainan. The transport in Taiwan is pretty convenient, can travel by bus or railway. From Kaohsiung to Tainan, by travelling with train, it needs about 50 minutes to reach. Since it was a one day trip, I wanted it to be casual and relax, so I woke up quite late and got to the station at noon. Bought the train ticket, car 5 seat 27, thankfully I didn't miss the train!

Eric was expecting me and also planned the whole Tainan one day explore trip, he had also borrowed a scooter from roommate so that we could move around the city! 1213, I got out from the train and looked for the exit, once I got out the station I saw Eric waiting in the middle of the crowd. After few chit chat and greetings, he passed me a cute helmet and we were ready for lunch! Tainan is a small city, more like a country side city, with lots of temples and good food!

The first stall we arrived for lunch was the squid noodle which is quite famous there, the squid was surprisingly sweet and so did the soup! You know that kind of seafood sweet taste?! Also, squid was elastic and huge, it goes perfectly tasty with the garlic-chili sauce, Eric told me he actually ordered the smallest size squid! I don't think that was SMALL?!

After the "light" lunch, we went to see one of the historical buildings, The Chikan House '赤坎楼'. But before that, I wanted to try the famous melon tea near the place, Ah Chuan '阿川冬瓜茶'. This is recommended, should try in Tainan, not that sweet, I like!

So, this is the chamber in the Chikan House. It contains lots of historical stories, want to know more? Get yourself there and find out!

Walked around the place and had lunch, so next destinations are coming up in the next few posts!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

hahah 我愛小地方‘台南’。